Saturday, August 16, 2008

My friend Shrikant


My friendship with Shrikant(h) can be described by two parallel lines, never too close and never to far. Both of us joined Burgess school from Standard III. As both of us were new to the school, we get friends. From three to Standard XII, for ten years, we studied together.
In standard III, I don't have any best friend.
In IV, Sapan Shrivastava, was my best friend.
In V, Austin Vivek;
In VI, our section changed, and again in new group, I think I started associating with Shrikant. Since then we get more dependent on each other regarding studies, or other thing. Since then Shrikant and myself were in same closeness till standard XII. My friends circle was always smaller. Apart from Shrikant, during end of standard VIII, Sunil Gupta, Shailendra Sinha joined our group. Gradually Sachin Pandey, Shishir Saxena, Baikunth Nath Shrivastava... etc. were close.
In standard XI, I remember an incident. That time we came to know that a type of glass or spectacles exists, by which one can see other naked. The topic was new to us and was in our discussion. One day, Shailendra brought a sun glass, a dark green glass in school. All of sudden, Shrikant said, "Is this is that glass, by which we can see anything." At that period, Sachin was sitting at one bench behind our adjacent bench, he was very nearer to us. I put on the spectacles, and by seeing Sachin, I said, every thing is visible. Shrikant told him, that this glass, the the said glass. All of sudden, Sachin put both of his hands in front of his, to cover the secret parts, and we laughed.
Before examination of XII, Shrikant used to come to my house for joint study, especially at night, for whole night study. Few times, Shailendra also joined. During Night, we used to prepare tea, and go on roof, with cassette player, for Music+Tea+Study. Once we went to farm behind our house to steal mangoes.
After our XII, I went to West Bengal for Graduation, as my father was sick and unable to continue his job at Bilaspur. I studied First Year at Krishnanagar College. After then I again had to return to Bilaspur for job. Then Shrikant tried to be close, but I may have avoided. In those days, at just when my age was 19 years, when all my friends were studying, I had to go for work. It brought inferior complex to me, as all used to ask what I am doing. So I used not to be with my friends to their home and that's why the friendship line remain parallel.

No comments: