Sunday, September 21, 2008

Picnic / Party at Pondi's Gaon

It was in the mid of our class twelfth in the year 1993. Probably after our half yearly examination, may be in the month of September or October, we went to Pondi's farm house for a picnic. We all were schoolmates. We were about 12 to 15. As far as I remember I mention the names; Shishir Saxena, Debabrata Chatterjee, Amit Awasthi, Shrikant, Pondi and myself. I am unable to recollect other names and if any of the friends read this, please help to expand the list.

In those times we were new to alcohol. Prior to that I had once taken beer, that on Shrikant's birthday. At that time it was first alcohol consumption for me as well as for Pondi. Pondi and me were both waiting for the each other to try first. Then he showed his courage only after I had taken that. He later said, that he was waiting, that if I take then only he will do so.

On the way to Pondi's farm house, We stopped for a while, and Shishir bring out one bottle he had. I took one cap full raw. It was like cool sensation when one rubs spirit on our skin. I said its cool, then Shishir replied wait beta, abhi garam hone hi wala hai.

Pondi's farm house was about 12 kms. away form Bilaspur. A thin rain fed river flowed nearby. There they cultivated rice, vegetables and many things. After reaching there all consumed alcohol. At that time I, Pondi, Shrikant had very little to have as Amit was a empty drum. He may have taken more, and his health condition worsened, and he vomited several times to relieve himself.

We all took bath at the river, and had taken our lunch there, who cared who is preparing. But Pondi's family member had arranged that.

This story is memorable only because of Amit Awasthi and his vomiting.

I request my friends to read this and help to to add the names of other friends and other topics on that occasion.

In this I like to include similar incident of another friend Sunil Gupta and Sachin Pandey.
Once we went to Kuthaghat. Probably myself, Shrikant, Pondi, Sachin and Sunil Gupta. May one more went there. At Kutaghat, Sunil Gupta had done vomiting several times due to excess alcohol taken by him.

And the story of Sachin Pandey, in a separate posting under his name.

No comments: