Friday, September 12, 2008

ALL OTHER FRIENDS OF USLAPUR

I have to think a lot to recollect the names, with whom I had shared my childhood.

Mohan's family: Consist of Mohan's Mom(Aruna), Dad(Ganga Ram Maravi) and Five sisters, Guddi (Swarn Rekha), Prabha, Hem Pushpa(Hema), Yashwanti(Neetu), Uma. Among six Mohan is 5 th according to age. Another Brother he had but he died within few months after his birth and may be before named.

Another friends Subbu and Chinni are brothers of one Telegu family. We played together but their father got transferred when we were too young. I don't have any contacts with then. If ever they read this, please reply.

There was another telegu family and they were three sisters. Don't remember the name to elder two and the youngest named Uma. My mother's friend was their mother. Both mothers used to go to some sewing school. Also she taught preparation of Upma, Idli, dosa and other south indian dishes to my mother. She also presented a claymade Radha-Krishna of pink color, which remained in the show case of our dressing table for long long, till shifting from Bilaspur to Birnagar of that furniture. They left Uslapur when I was very young.

Another Telegu family, boy named Bhaskar was eldest and had two sisters, forgot the name of elder one but the youngest named . His father was a good/sincere worker as commented by my father. They also left Uslapur too early, butmay I have got three or four years to play with them.

A family of Chattisgarh origin had few brothers and sisters. The eldest brother Ashok, and nest Kishore and last Shiv, and sisters name Guddi and could not mention other names and sequence as per their age. I used to play with Shiv and my brother with Kishore.

Now I would like to mention of a Muslim family. They were one brother and two sisters. Brother name Guddu Raja (Abdul Arif), sister Guddi Rani, and the third and youngest's name I could not say. Actually the third one got birth when I was about to leave Uslapur, but they already left Uslapur. His Father's name was Abdul Rashid. They were a good family and we were very close, and our mothers were really close. They used to invite all persons of Uslapur, may be 50 to 60 for dinner durin Roja. My father doesn't went to any houses there, and so they used to sent special Semiya for him. We noticed that they sent best quality food to our house. His father got transferred to some station in CIC section nearby to Shahdol. As he got transferred, they vacated the Railway quarter, and stayed in their own house jointly owned by other brothers of Mr. Rashid. But he died to early of an accident, at his work place and got drowned in a lake and his body was found in the morning. We all were shocked by his sudden demise at such young age, and Guddu Raja was about 15 years of age. His father died after my father's and my mother visited to his mother only once befor my mother died

No comments: