Tuesday, June 26, 2012

blood donation to Mr Sabyasachi Sanyal on 25/06/12 night

I am B negative blood donor. I registered with two internet sites, one is bharatbloodbank.com and another is lionsbloodline.com. On registering with these sites helped in easier contact between donors and the persons in need. I have donated 8 times on registering with these sites in the last 4 years and in total donated 11 times in my life. I feel good and make my happy with every donation. Sometimes patients survive sometimes not. I donated last on 25/6/12 at 11.45 pm (night) on an emergency call but the patient died the next morning as he was unable to recover from internal Hemorrhage. It upsets me on knowing that the person died.

Many times patients recover and when their family members call later, it make me happy that they remembered. Many times they do not call. In total its a mixed experience, yet I request everyone to donate blood to the needy.

Also I advise the rare group donors not to donate in camps as it may go waste or may not reach the correct hands or you donate to camp and the next day you get a call directly from the required person. Such advise is given by a doctor of South Eastern Railway Central Hospital, when they organised a blood donation camp at Howrah station but advised me not to donate at camps as I had a rare group.

No comments: