Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I am alive because of Mr. Jaydev Prasad.

Today i narrowly escaped an accident, an accident which results in death in most cases.

I work in Indian Railways and my office is called as "Departure Yard cum Platform Station Master Office". This office is situated between Middle line of Kharagpur - Howrah section and departure yard.

There is always movement of trains in middle line and in yard. Sometimes in yard the trains run of engine-pushing and in such cases the driver is unable to see the front of direction of movement. In my case I came out of the office to instruct some movement to Mr. Jaydev Prasad. We shout and gesticulate to instruct to a person far away. Mr. Jaydev was about 50 meters away. I was unaware of trains behind me which was coming to my side. Mr. Jaydev gesticulated to me to look back. His gesticulation was so timely, that when i looked back i had about three or four seconds of time to move.

Mr Jaydev was also unaware that I did not noticed the train.

Last Word: I am alive because of Mr. Jaydev Prasad.

No comments: